Coronavirus Protection 2020
Here are some simple precautions to reduce your chances of contracting the new coronavirus, which causes the disease known as COVID-19.
Preventative measures are your first line of defence. The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is to practice good hygiene and to make these CDC recommendations part of your routine.
Steps to Protect Yourself;
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.